Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm Such A Fatty

In my family we grew up playfully using the word "fatty" as in saying "I'm such a fatty" after eating Thanksgiving dinner. Well after my lunch on Friday, I can definately say "I'm such a fatty" and I know that my family will agree with me.

I aimlessly wondered around Madrid for a few hours on Friday in between meetings. I decided to start my time in the city with a typical Spanish lunch. Lunch here is usually a menĂº which typically means :

Appetizer, Bread and Drink


First Course, (Paella Mixta)


Second Course, (Pollo Asado)


and Dessert (Natilla with cinnamon)


I honestly don't know how Spaniards eat that much food and yet stay so thin. I ate most of it and could have stopped halfway through the paella. Its not the first time in this country that I make myself eat more than I would like and it probably wont be the last. My supervisor jokes around that I don't like the food in thier house because I don't take seconds, he even says it about the coffee, dessert, and fruit. I tell him I save overstuffing myself for when I really have to. After lunch I walked around Madrid for several hours and then didn't eat until lunch the next day.

4 comments:

SMizell said...

Such good looking food! Yummy.

Unknown said...

tragona,gorda. te envidio.

Jazmine said...

yup yup you are such a major fatty!! You beat me in fattiness!! I must say i am proud! lol. Love ya sis!

Jasmine said...

sign me up for spanish food!!!! i'm jealous...