Saturday, November 1, 2008

Quiet Streams






            
                                      

I had forgotten how much I enjoy nature.  The campus where I am has a lake with catfish (though I doubt I will take any advantage of this) and woods.  These past few days have been beautiful with bright blue skies.  After the sessions end, at about 3 I rush to my room, change and practically skip to this one spot that I have found.  It's a bit secluded and I can often have this corner of the world to myself.  The lake narrows to a stream and I just sit on the rocks and think.  After being with people all day my introvert side is really ready for some quality alone time.  
On Sunday mornings we have small group worship in the late morning but my body likes to get me up at 7am.  So today, after breakfast I wondered over to my spot and spent about two hours there singing, dancing, and jumping from rock to rock.  It surprises me that I only slipped once. Apparently wet rocks are slippery. So much for being smart :)
During one of my songs, and I am so glad none of this was recorded, I was looking around and the light breeze was making leafs gently float and it was one of those moments when you are so grateful for God's creation and just really enjoying it.

3 comments:

kellycohen said...

What a neat spot Jeannete-y. I'll be praying that God would give you peace in this time as you wonder about all the things ahead in your journey. Have you emailed Abby about her experience in Spain? (remember she went with SMP a few years ago?) The title of your post reminds me of Psalm 23...also of one of my favorite, Ps. 77, "your way led through the mighty waters though your footprints were not seen."

Jazmine said...

jumping from rock to rock sounds fun!! i wanna do that!! and it looks and sounds beautiful!! wish i was there!

angie michelle said...

this blog made laugh. if i was in that spot i'd be afraid of people catching me singing and dancing. but i'm just a loser like that. i'm glad God is working. you will go very far jeannete.